Event Principles & Physical Activities
Event Principles and Physical Activities
The convention is our flagship annual learning and networking event and is guided by the following principles:
- Inspirational, challenging, stretching
- Interactive, peer learning, facilitates collaboration
- Applied, action oriented, grounded in real work
- Mixture of sector and non-sector
- Fun, professional, inclusive, high quality
- Part of continuous programme of learning and improvement
- Strengths based, building from the positives and what is strong not wrong
- Inquisitive about how the factors that influence people’s lives connect
- Encourage activity as part of the daily routine
- Environmentally friendly
An Active Convention
We want to lead by example and build physical activity into the convention experience, making it part of the daily routine. The CMO recommends that “adults should aim to minimise the amount of time spent being sedentary, and when physically possible should break up long periods of inactivity with at least light physical activity”.
As such there will be opportunities to be active throughout the event. We encourage you to wear comfortable clothing and shoes that will enable you to have an active 2 days!
As well as integrating activity into the convention itself, there will be opportunities to be active at the end of day 1 and the start of day 2.
The hotel’s leisure club offers a gym, heated swimming pool, sauna and spa pool which is available for guests, and we are also planning other activities during these times – further details to follow.
If you are interested in playing golf on Sunday 15th March on the hotel’s PGA European-tour standard 18-hole golf course, please click here to submit an expression of interest.
We encourage you to think about the environment when travelling to and from the convention and during the event itself e.g. use public transport or car share if you can, bring a refillable water bottle / coffee beaker. Our event hosts (De Veres) are committed to acting responsibly in terms of the environment and their commitment to sustainability can be found here. If you have any ideas about how we can improve our green credentials as part of the event or more generally, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.